Google

Friday, January 06, 2006

What are the downsides

of working from home? So far, I have only two negative things.

1. I miss the inter office interaction and greeting people on the
elevator each day.

2. I have to fix my own computer. I'm constantly troubleshooting
and fixing (thank God I have two computers, so I know if it's me
or the computer or my ISP. And Thank God for internet searches
where others have typed in their exact error response, I type it
in and then am usually able to fix my own problem. Thank goodness
for error responses lol Also, if I take my computer to the shop
I can't deduct that either because I wasn't able to claim my office
as a business office to begin with.

3. Working from home is for my convenience, not my office, well
at least in the beginning and my home office space is NOT tax
deductible. Because she provides an office for me, even though
it is now 6 hours away from me and even though she wouldn't have
let me quit even if I had wanted to, my home office space is NOT
deductible.

So far though, those small bad things certainly outweigh the good
things. I don't miss road rage AT ALL!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google